Yes, my daughter’s bridal shower was very nice. But still, there are a few things I should have done differently.
THINGS NOT TO DO WHEN GIVING A BRIDAL SHOWER
- Don’t surround the cake with shredded basket grass that sticks to everything, unless you want to make a party game of “Shreds, shreds, who’s ingested the most shreds?” (Yes, even if the basket grass perfectly matches the bridesmaids’ dresses.)
- Don’t forget that guests may be allergic to cats. Especially when there are four cats in the house. And one is a long-hair.
- Don’t store the guests’ coats in the most horrific room in the house. Odds are good that the child you’ve appointed as coat-fetcher will be nowhere in sight when one of the guests is ready to leave. And that that particular guest will be so thoughtful as to insist on fetching her own coat, in order to “save you the trouble.”
- Don’t decide ahead of time against buying a ready-made copy of “Bridal Bingo” because it’s cheaper to make one yourself. You probably won’t.
- Don’t try to remember the names of the nieces you haven’t seen since the last family wedding took place three years ago. You’ll only end up embarrassing yourself.